Monday, December 14, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
So I just finished up my five day blog for extra credit in my close relationships class and now I want to add a little extra fun....
Since Christmas is coming soon I thought I'd post 5 things from my wishlist. What do you want for Christmas?
1. These awesome boots from Target! (preferably in gray)
2. The Harry Potter book series. After reading all 7 books and understanding how great they are I just HAVE to have them! I like this box set, especially since they're all hard covered.
3. Set of note cards from Etsy.com. I have an ongoing collection of cards I use for all occasions, as needed, and I thought these were so cute! I absolutely love whales so these are perfect!
4. A day to chill with a cup of coffee, a crossword and a book
5. A new hat. I'm starting to love hats and I'd like to add to my collection. I thought this one, also from Target, was fun.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I'm having trouble staying awake so this entry might be pretty quick...
Love on someone, anyone Notice something beautiful
Goals for today:
- I've done some more research for my project but I still can't narrow down another organization. I'll have to do some more looking
-I didn't start my Cognitive Psych project. Honestly, I completely forgot about it until about 20 seconds ago, whoops!
-There wasn't one specific person that I found myself pouring love on today, but rather people in general. Things have been a little stressful in my life lately and I think I've gotten caught up in it and forgotten about everyone else to an extent. For a while that was sort of necessary but it's time to move past that. I think that today was a good launching point for that.
-I promised a story.... at the end of the summer I was thinking a lot about this concept of loving people unconditionally and at all times. Oddly enough I had many chances in just my first week of class to practice this. Every day I was randomly in a situation where I had no choice but to engage with people that I didn't know and that I normally don't talk to (which is pretty much everyone on campus since I'm pretty reserved at school). The first day was a random person who sat at the little table I was occupying and started a conversation. The second day was a group of sorority girls who were looking for the same class I was (nothing against sorority girls, they're just a crowd that I don't particularly associate with or understand). Then there was the awkward kid in class that started at me all during class. This kept going for days. It doesn't sound that strange from the outside, I'm sure but if you knew me well you'd understand that my life is pretty boring and though I love people and making friends, I don't usually do so on campus, I'm not really sure why. Anyway, that week was a good time of practice.
-Oh man, I've slacked a lot today! I forgot about Nolan's present too! I'll have to pick that up on my way to work tomorrow morning.
-Creativity: I worked on an old song today that I wrote a couple years ago. I think it's pretty much done now. It's going to require a second guitar part since my part is pretty basic but overall I think I like it.
-I woke up to a surprise today. I've been fighting a cold for the past week and I thought it was getting better but I woke up an hour earlier than necessary to the awful pain of what I think might be a sinus infection. I felt like someone punched me in the face and looked like it with the exception of a bruise, it was totally swollen. I'm still determined to fight it off but I might need the help of some medicine soon.
-At the diabetes center tonight we surprised our class with tons of low carb treats and a make-shift Christmas party. It was a lot of fun and our patients were really excited.
Goals for Friday, November 13, 2009:
(Seeing as how tomorrow is Friday I'm going to be realistic about my time and efforts and not make any of my goals academic as the chance of them being completed is slim to none)
- Find a good over-the-counter medicine to fight off my cold and oncoming sinus infection
- Do some sort of fun craft with the kids I'll be baby-sitting
- Drink tons of water
- sounds like a dumb goal, but I recently found out I'm severely dehydrated so maybe making this a goal will help me to actually do it
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
I'm taking a class this semester called Close Relationships that deals with our most intimate relationships (romantic partners, family and close friends) and why we act the way we do in those settings. It's one of the best classes I've ever taken, I actually ENJOY doing the homework! As an extra credit assignment for the class we can write a blog for 5 days (with specific guidelines, of course). I thought the assignment seemed pretty fun so I thought I'd share it with you as well. I started last night so this one is a little behind schedule......Enjoy!......